We are in the business of fashion and beautiful bridal gowns, but we don’t stop there. Our boutique sells a selection of gorgeous bridal accessories including items for the hair. So, if you have just purchased your very own CONTESSA hair accessory, allow us to inspire you with five gorgeous bridal hairstyles, suited to all tastes.
- Retro-Glam – The retro-glam look, suits a glamorous bride who is inspired by 50’s pinup icons. The perfect accessory for a retro glam hair style would be a feathered bird cage veil.
- The Ballerina Bun – Audrey Hepburn springs to mind, when we think of the Ballerina bun. This elegant and classic hairstyle, comes in various shapes and sizes from messy knotted styles, to sleek buns. A Perfect choice for showing off the detail at the back of a beautiful wedding dress. This style often requires no hair accessories, but rather, more focus on the bridal jewelry.
- Half up, half down – Half up, half down bridal hair styles are a popular choice for a number of reasons. They are great for any season, and suit a variety of dress styles. This style also creates a perfect balance between casual; and formal. It’s also a hair style that goes well with a variety of hair accessories, including fresh flowers, veils, tiaras and decorative pins.
- Loose waves – This style is romantic and very feminine, bordering the line between glamorous and boho. A dainty beaded headband will add an elegant accent to loose waves.
- Braids – Braided hair styles are ideal for the care free, boho bride, but much like the Ballerina bun, braided hair comes in a variety of styles, from a loose fishtail to intricate ‘up-do’ braids. Personally, we love the loose ‘down-do’ boho braid look, complimented by pretty flower crowns (example below).
We hope today’s blog has left you inspired and ready to trial some bridal hair looks for your big day.